Fall 2018 Interns
Now accepting applications for ACYPL’s Fall 2018 Internship Program!
The American Council of Young Political Leaders, a small 501c3 organization, seeks applications for full or part-time interns.
The American Council of Young Political Leaders (ACYPL) is a nonpartisan non-profit organization internationally recognized as the pre-eminent catalyst for introducing rising political and policy leaders to international affairs and to each other. Each year, with support from the US State Department Bureau of Educational and Cultural Affairs and a wide range of corporate, foundation, and individual partners, we conduct exchanges with 20-25 countries around the world. ACYPL has a network of over 8,500 alumni in 127 countries and territories, many of whom have risen to positions of national and international influence.
Interns report directly to the intern coordinator but will work closely with all members of the ACYPL staff and may be asked to support program officers and staff in communications, development, and alumni outreach.
Major Duties and Responsibilities
• Assist in coordinating logistics in the planning and implementing of exchange programs
• Prepare biographical summaries of participants
• Provide support while the delegations are in Washington, DC
• Maintain office files
• Assist with alumni communications
• Provide support for alumni, fundraising, and programmatic events
• Assist in other departments on an as-needed basis
The ideal candidate will be a college junior or senior, working toward a B.A. or a B.S. in a related field (international relations, political science, public policy) or the equivalent in experience. Recent graduates will be considered and are encouraged to apply. The ideal candidate will exhibit discretion and decorum, be a highly motivated self-starter with strong communication and organizational skills, and will pay close attention to detail. He or she must be a team player with the ability to follow through on long term projects.
Fluency in spoken and written English is required. Previous experience with Word, Excel, and email systems required. Interns are expected to work a minimum of 25 hours a week.
• Application deadline: Monday, August 13, 2018
• Start Date: Tuesday, September 4, 2018 (flexible)
• End date: Friday, December 14, 2018 (flexible)
• Hours per week: 25-40
• Compensation: Unpaid
• Stipend/wage: Travel stipend provided upon request.
ACYPL is an equal-opportunity employer.
To apply, please send a cover letter and resume to email@example.com with the subject line “Fall 2018 Internship” by Monday, August 13, 2018; NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE.