- A range of times over the 2-year eligibility period that nominees are available to travel
- Geographic regions a nominee is interested in visiting
- Specific countries a nominee is interested in visiting
- Specific countries nominees have already visited
- A one-page personal statement outlining how an ACYPL experience might benefit the nominee professionally and/or personally
- ACYPL tracks passport processing times to ensure that nominees have valid documentation for visas and travel. If your passport is approaching expiration, we may advise you to renew your passport to remain active as a nominee. If you are contacted with an invitation for an exchange there will be additional information and documentation required for travel arrangements.
ACYPL and our program partners around the world design unique international exchanges for young elected, political, and policy leaders with often divergent points of view to explore common concerns and points of difference.
An ACYPL nominee is:
- A state or local elected official, political operatives, policy professionals, corporate or labor advocacy professionals and grassroots organizers who are poised to become leaders in shaping politics and policies.
- A successful delegate is someone with an interest in politics or policy making who is curious about the international community and welcomes different perspectives with an open mind.
- We are proud that our exchanges provide one of the few forums in public life for Democrats, Republicans, Independents, and their multi-partisan peers from around the world to have difficult conversations about complex global issues. Our hope is that ACYPL exchanges foster friendships among our delegates and their global counterparts.
Want to see who has traveled on ACYPL exchanges over the last 50 years? Check out our list of notable alumni!LEARN MORE