- A range of times over the 2-year eligibility period that nominees are available to travel
- Geographic regions a nominee is interested in visiting
- Specific countries a nominee is interested in visiting
- Specific countries nominees have already visited
- A one-page personal statement outlining how an ACYPL experience might benefit the nominee professionally and/or personally
- Scan of passport photo page
- We require both of these materials so that, should a nominee be selected to travel on an exchange, we know that their passport is valid and can efficiently begin processing visas and booking flights for the exchange.
- Passport scan: This is the first page of a passport that includes a photo, the travelers’ full name, as well as the date the passport was issued and expires.
- Passport photos: These are 2x2” headshots” which are necessary to submit with a visa application. They must be shot in front of a neutral background and can be taken at a US Post Office, FedEx, UPS, Walgreens, CVS, or similar store.
An ACYPL Nominee Is:
Between 25-41 years old.
A state or local elected official, political operative, policy, corporate, or labor advocacy professional, or grassroots organizer who is poised to become a leader in shaping politics and policies.
A successful delegate is someone with an interest in politics or policymaking who is keen to learn about the international community and perspectives that are different from their own.
Want to see who has traveled on ACYPL exchanges?LEARN MORE