Professional Fellows Program Alumni Impact Award 2018
The U.S. Department of State is pleased to announce applications are open for the 2018 Professional Fellows Program Alumni Impact Award (AIA). The AIA recognizes exceptional contributions made by Professional Fellows Program (PFP) alumni to their communities. The Professional Fellows Division of the Bureau of Educational and Cultural Affairs (ECA) invites all eligible alumni to apply.
The U.S. Department of State will recognize AIA winners at the 2018 Professional Fellows Congresses in Washington, D.C. AIA winners will engage with approximately 280 current PFP participants in all Congress activities to include:
- Participating in an AIA panel
- Moderating a workshop
- Interacting with PFP participants informally during meals and breaks
- Telling PFP success stories for use in ECA social media and other possible media engagements
- be ECA PFP alumni who participated in the program prior to 2017;
- demonstrate how the PFP experience enhanced your ability to make a positive impact on your community, country, or region; and
- be available to travel to Washington, D.C. for either the Spring PFP Congress (May 28-June 2, 2018) or the Fall PFP Congress (November 12-17, 2018).
- commit to full participation in the PFP Congress and to abide by the award terms and conditions
- not be dual U.S. citizens or LPRs
HOW TO APPLY: Complete the online application by 11:59 pm, EST Monday, February 19, 2018. Incomplete applications will be ineligible. Complete applications include:
- your resume or curriculum vitae
- letter of recommendation from the organization that arranged your PFP fellowship
- letter of recommendation from the organization in which you were placed (non-U.S. fellows only)
- a professional reference from your country describing how participation in PFP enhanced the impact of your work (limit of no more than 250 words)
SELECTION PROCESS: An ECA selection committee will evaluate applications. Top-ranked applicants will be contacted for a phone or video interview in mid-March.
The award covers:
- roundtrip economy airfare from your home to Washington, D.C.
- enrollment in the Accident and Sickness Program for Exchanges (ASPE)
- 5 nights lodging at the Professional Fellows Congress hotel in Washington, D.C. and meals (either provided at the Congress or as per diem at the GSA rates)
CONTACT: For questions, contact PFPAlumniAward@state.gov.